Now is your chance to submit Public Comment to the TCEQ regarding GCGV’s Air and Water Quality Permit Applications. We encourage ALL residents with concerns about this project to use this opportunity to submit a request for a Public Meeting in Portland, Texas.
Submitting a Public Comment to the TCEQ is very easy and should take no longer than 5-10 minutes of your time.
- The permit applications that you can comment on are as follows:
1. GCGV’s Air Quality Permit – Permit Number 146425
2. GCGV’s Industrial Wastewater Permit – Permit Number WQ0005228000Public Meeting Held 12/11/17
3. GCGV’s Air Quality Permit – Permit Number 149313. GCGV’s planned terminal near Country Club Blvd
We urge residents to express concerns AND ask for a Public Meeting in Portland, TX on each permit.
- You must be specific with your request for a Public Meeting IN Portland, Texas. There are many issues to be addressed and questions to be answered by both GCGV and the TCEQ and they should be done locally–NOT IN AUSTIN.
- Public Comment is NOT limited to 1 per household. Each member of your family can submit a comment.
Step 1: Visit http://www14.tceq.texas.gov/epic/eComment/.
Enter the Permit Number: 146425 and click “Next”. This is the Air Quality Permit. When finished submitting your comment, you will want to repeat this step for the
Water Quality Permit WQ0005228000. And then once again for the Air Quality Permit 149313. This is GCGV’s planned terminal near Country Club Blvd.
Step 2: Fill out the form with your personal information and Public Comments.
The box labeled Comments is where you should input your concerns and request for a Public Meeting in Portland, TX. When finished click “Submit to TCEQ”.
All finished! Make sure that you have submitted Public Comments for each permit.
You can also submit public comment via mail, hand-delivery, or fax. The following has been copied from the TCEQ website.
“Please include a TCEQ permit you mail, hand-deliver, or fax comments on a pending permit application. Submit your comments using one of the options below:
Office of the Chief Clerk, MC 105
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
Courier or hand-deliver to:
Office of the Chief Clerk
12100 Park 35 Circle, Bldg F
Austin, TX 78753
*Note: If you fax your filing, you must mail or hand-deliver the original document and the appropriate number of copies to the Office of the Chief Clerk within three business days.”*